Completing the Preamble and Stop tab
Complete the fields on this tab to define pre-actions and post-actions that are evaluated before and after the collection is processed.
The Before This Collection and After This Collection sections display numbered lists of pre-actions and post-actions, respectively. Each action can contain one or more tasks. A task calls a supported rule or method.
- Add an action by performing the following actions:
You cannot save the collection until all required fields are populated.
Append an action to the existing list by clicking
Because pre-actions and post-actions use identical fields and options, the procedures for creating and configuring them are the same.
- From the drop-down list, select a condition.
- Hover over the action number.
- When the pointer becomes a drag handle, drag and drop the action to the required position in the list.
- Append an action to the existing list by clicking Add pre-action or Add post-action.
- Add a task to an action by performing the following actions:
- Append a task to the existing list by clicking Add task.
- Open the Update task modal by clicking Edit.
- From the Type drop-down list, select an option.
- Complete the additional fields that are required for your selected rule or
For example, when you select an action type of Activity, you must enter the name of the activity to call and any applicable parameter values to pass at run time.
Refer to the list of supported rules and methods for more details.
- Click Submit.
- Hover over the Drag icon next to the task label.
- When the pointer becomes a drag handle, drag and drop the task to the required position in the list.
Previous topic Completing the Basic/Advanced Collection tab Next topic Completing the Specifications tab