Use the Connect-EJB method to invoke a connector to an external Enterprise JavaBean.
This method operates on a named clipboard page that is the source and destination of data mappings. Make sure the Step Page column that calls this method contains the non-blank name of such a page.
This method has two parameters:
|ServiceName||Enter the Service Name (second key part) of a Connect EJB rule ( Rule-Connect-EJB rule type).|
|RunInParallel||Select if this connector is intended to run in parallel as a child requestor of the current requestor. If selected, use the Connect-Wait method later in the current or a follow-on activity to access results from the connector.|
ResultsThe Connect-EJB method works as follows:
- Using rule resolution, the system locates the Connect EJB rule identified by the ServiceName parameter and the class of the step page or primary page.
The system uses request information to call one of the
EJB Create()methods or one of the Java class business methods.
- If the step page does not exist, creates a new page, of the class identified in the Pages & Classes tab.
- It checks whether simulation is in force for this rule. If so, calls the simulation stub activity.
- If simulation is not in force, calls the EJB method(s), in a separate requestor if the RunInParallel box is selected. (This temporary requestor has the same access group and clipboard as the original. At most 10 such child requestor sessions can be active at once.)
- Processes the response when it is received.
Checking the method status
This method updates the pxMethodStatus property. See How to test method results using a transition.