Records can be created in various ways. You can add a new record to your application or copy an existing one. You can specialize existing rules by creating a copy in a specific ruleset, against a different class or (in some cases) with a set of circumstance definitions. You can copy data instances but they do not support specialization because they are not versioned.
Based on your use case, you use the Create, Save As, or Specialization form to create the record. The number of fields and available options varies by record type. Start by familiarizing yourself with the generic layout of these forms and their common fields using the following Developer Help topics:
This information identifies the key parts and options that apply to the record type that you are creating.
To create a Connect CMIS instance:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create form, enter values in the fields to define the
context of the rule.
- In the Label field, enter text that describes the purpose of the rule.
- Optional: To change the default identifier of the rule, click Edit, and then provide a unique value in the Identifier field.
- Select the Context.
- In the Apply to field, press the Down Arrow key and select
the class that the rule applies to. Typically, select CMIS-ServiceData. You can also select a class derived from CMIS-ServiceData.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name and version of a ruleset that stores the rule.
- Click Create and open.