Use the Connect-Cassandra method to start a request/response interaction between the Pega Platform and the external data store identified by a Connect Cassandra instance.
This method operates on a named clipboard page that is the source and destination of data mappings. Make sure the Step Page specified in the activity step that calls this method is set to the appropriate page name.
This method has one required and two optional parameters:
|Required. Enter the name of the Connect Cassandra instance you want to invoke.
Select to indicate the timing of execution:
|Optional. Specify the URL of an external system to which you want to connect. A value specified for this parameter overrides the value set in the Connection settings of the Service tab of the Connect Cassandra rule.
Select the type of HTTP request:
The Connect-Cassandra method works as follows:
- Using rule resolution, locates the Connect Cassandra instance identified by the ServiceName parameter and the class of the step page or primary page.
- Uses request information to assemble the request message.
- If the step page does not exist, creates a new page, of the class identified in the Pages & Classes tab.
Checks whether simulation is in force for this instance. If true, results depend on the
Execution mode value:
- Executes the simulation activity synchronously
Run In Parallel
- Executes the simulation activity in a separate requestor
- Queues the simulation activity
If simulation is not in force, calls the service, or queues the request, depending on
the Execution mode value:
- Calls the service and waits for a response.
Run in parallel
- Executes in a separate requestor. (This temporary requestor has the same access group and clipboard as the original. At most 10 such child requestor sessions can be active at once.)
- Creates a queue item based on the class and other characteristics identified in the Connect Request Processor, for later background processing by the Pega-IntSvcs agent.
- Processes the response message when it is received. (No response is available for queued connector requests.)
Checking the method status
This method updates the pxMethodStatus property. See How to test method results using a transition.