Integration Connectors landing page
Access the Integration Connectors landing page by clicking.
The Connectors tab helps you define and manage interfaces between a Pega Platform application (acting as a client) and external systems (acting as servers).
At the top of the display are the following buttons:
- New Connector Data Source
— Click to identify a new data source.
Select from the options presented:
- Create SOAP Integration — Select to create a new SOAP integration. See Creating SOAP integration.
- Create REST Integration — Select to create a new REST integration. See Creating REST integration.
- Create SAP Integration — Select to create a new SAP integration. See Creating SAP integration.
- Connector and Metadata wizard — Select to open the Connector Wizard to review existing connectors. Click New at the top right to open the Connector and Metadata wizard, where you can specify a new connector. See Connector and Metadata wizard help.
- Disable Simulations — Developers create connector simulators to test connect rules in flows before the real data source is implemented, or when it is not available. See Creating connector simulators. Click this button to disable existing simulations.
- Enable Simulations — If you have disabled simulations by clicking the "Disable" button, as described above, the button label changes to "Enable Simulations". Click to enable existing simulations.
- Clear Simulations — Click to remove all simulations from the system.
The tab displays a count of connectors by category, and how many simulations in each category are active. Click a category name to see a list of connectors for that category, and click an entry in the list to display the connector rule form.
The following rule types can implement a connector:
- Integrating your application with external resources
Most applications require access to data or computations that are provided by another system, or applications need to respond to requests from other systems for data or computations. The approaches, technologies, and facilities that support accessing data are collectively known as integration services.
- Data mapping in services and connectors
Pega Platform uses the term data mapping for the task of converting data received from, or sent to, an outside source or system into the formats, values, and objects needed within an application.
Previous topic Image Content data instances - Completing the Main tab Next topic Integrating your application with external resources