Use this method to copy the contents of a source clipboard page to a new or previously created destination clipboard page. The Page-Copy method does not alter the source page.
After this method completes, the destination page contains properties copied from the source page, and can contain additional properties set in a data transform.
This method has four parameters:
|CopyFrom||Enter the name of the source page from which to obtain property values to copy. If blank, the system uses the Step Page of the current step, or the primary page of the activity if the Step Page field is blank. If blank, the system uses the Step Page of the current step, or the primary page of the activity if the Step Page field is blank. If CopyInto is left blank, this parameter is required.|
Enter the name of the destination page, which may or may not already exist. If
it exists, it must have the same class as the source page. The current contents of
the destination page are erased before the copy operation occurs. If blank, the
system uses the Step Page of the current step, or the primary page of the activity
if the Step Page field is blank. If
is left blank,
this parameter is required.
Choose a valid page name.
To create a destination page that is a new, last page in a
|Data Transform||Optional. Identify a data transform to be applied to the destination page before copying data from the source page.|
Optional. To save the name of the new page as the final element in a list,
The system appends the name
of the new page as the value of the last element of the
The Page-Copy method works as follows:
If the source page cannot be found, the method does not fail. It does not alter any
pages. The resulting method status value is
- If the destination page (identified in the CopyInto parameter value) does not already exist, the system creates a blank page of the same class as the source page. It can be a top-level page or an embedded page.
- If the destination page does exist (and is of the same class as the source page), it is cleared.
- If the Data Transform parameter is not blank, the system finds the data transform using rule resolution. It applies the rule to the destination page.
- Next, the system copies properties and all messages from the source page into the destination page. This copying can create new properties on the destination page or update the value of existing properties created by the data transform.
- During this copy processing, each property is validated against its definition (its Rule-Obj-Property instance). If a property value fails validation, the system adds a message to the destination page.
Value Listproperty is identified in the fourth parameter, the system adds the name of the new page as the final element in the list.
Page names are unique within the clipboard. If an existing page with the CopyInto destination name is already present at the same point in the clipboard structure, the system deletes it and replaces it with an empty page.
Checking the method status
This method updates the pxMethodStatus property.