In Dev Studio, you can create a category to classify reports. Categories allow managers to organize reports in the Report Browser.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
form, enter values in the fields to define the
context of the category.
- Describes the purpose of the category.
- Specifies a unique identifier for the category. You can keep the default value or click Edit to manually define an identifier.
- Owner Type
- Describes the type of the category.
Describes the owner of the category based on the type:
- For a standard category, the system enters ALL as the default value.
- For a shared category, enter the access group that can see this category.
- For a personal category, enter the operator ID of the user who can see this category.
- Add to ruleset
- Identifies the name and unlocked version of a ruleset that stores the category.
- Click Create and open to open the Category form.
- Click Save.
- Configuring the display of a report category
In Dev Studio, you can configure the way categories are displayed in the Report Browser. By configuring the display of a category, you can customize the text for the link to the category and control the listing of the category in the Report Browser.