Managing scheduled reporting tasks in Dev Studio
In Dev Studio, you can manage the scheduled reporting tasks for an application on the Scheduled Reports tab of the Reporting Settings landing page. The information that is provided about each scheduled task includes when the task last ran and its status, and when the task is scheduled to run next.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Take the following actions to manage scheduled reports:
- Testing reports: During development, you can test-run reports by clicking Run in the Run Immediately column. Doing a test-run does not update the Last execution time or Status of last run fields.
- Reviewing scheduled tasks: You can review details about the schedule by clicking the name of the task to open the Schedule task form.
- Editing scheduled tasks: Open the Schedule task form, and
click Update to open the form in edit mode. In edit mode, you
can update values and save your changes.
If another developer is working on the scheduled task, a message displays, and you cannot edit the task until the other user is done.
- Removing scheduled tasks: To remove a scheduled task, open the Schedule task form and click Delete.
After a case manager schedules a report in the Case Manager portal, the task becomes a work item (work type Pega-ScheduledTask-Reporting ) with the prefix PX-ST- and is saved in the
pc_schedule_taskdatabase table. Processing of scheduled reports occurs in the background by the Pega-RulesEngine agent System-Queue-ScheduledTask.pzScheduledTaskProcessor.