In some cases, running reports can impact performance because of high demands on database processing. To reduce the performance impact of running reports, you can specify that some reports obtain data from a separate reports database, which can be a copy of all or part of the PegaRULES database.
Pega Platform provides support only for the separate reports database that include the same schema as the original database. A reports database might contain only a subset of the tables needed for reporting, and might contain old data.
- Work with a database administrator to create the reports database, identifying the tables, indexes, and views to include.
- Work with a database administrator to set up database replication, which uses a mirroring technique.
- Create a database data instance ( Data-Admin-DB-Name ) for the reports database and establish connectivity. For more information, see Creating database data instances.
- Update the Database Table data instances to identify this database on the Database tab in the Reports Database field.
- In the report definition rule that obtains data from the reports database, on the
Data Access tab, select the Prefer reporting data
source if defined option in the Reporting database
- Disabling usage of a reports database
You can disable a report from obtaining data from a reports database, even if the Prefer reporting data source if defined option is selected on the report definition rule form.