Adding charts in the Report Definition rule form
Create a graphical representation of report data by adding a chart to a report in the report definition rule form. For example, you can include a chart featuring specified data sets to make a report more readable.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records, and then click .
- In the list of report definitions, click the report definition that you want to edit.
- On the Query tab, in the Edit columns
section, in the Summarize column, ensure that the report contains
at least one summarized column.The following values indicate summarized columns: Count, Count distinct, Max or Min.
- If the report does not contain summarized columns, in the Summarize column, select how you want to summarize the values.
- Click the Chart tab, and then click Include chart.
- Customize the chart:
Choices Actions Select the chart type
- Click All chart types.For more information about chart types, see Charts in reports.
- In the Select Chart Type modal dialog box, click a chart type that you want to include in the report.
- Click Submit.
Add or edit the chart title
- Click Title.
- In the Chart Title window, enter the chart title, and then specify the font size and style.
- Click Submit.
Define the chart color options Note: Available options depend on the chart type.
- Click Color settings.
- If you want to define the general chart color settings, click General color settings.
- If you want to define the colors that conditionally apply to the chart elements, click Conditional colors.
- If you want to define the colored lines that indicate value thresholds in the chart, click Threshold colors.
Adjust the chart general settings Note: Available options depend on the chart type.
- Click General settings.
- To adjust the font settings, click Format options.
- To manage the placement of the chart legend, or manage the slider that filters values in the chart, click Legend/Slider options.
- To manage the chart display options available in the Report Viewer, click
Enable user commands.For example, you can switch between two-dimensional and three-dimensional chart displays, or maximize the size of the chart for better readability.
Specify the chart content
- From the Available columns section, drag the columns into the relevant chart drop zones.
- In a drop zone, next to a column name, access the data settings by clicking
the Properties icon.For example, you can change the format and range of displayed values, or edit the axis names.
For more information about the data settings form, see Data settings form in the Chart Editor.
- Click All chart types.
- In the upper-right corner, click Save.
- Optional: To preview the chart, run the report in the Report Viewer.For more information, see Running a report.
Previous topic Charts in reports Next topic Removing charts in the Report Definition rule form