Report definition rules provide a convenient way to create advanced reports and meet complex user needs. You can make your reports more adaptive and flexible by customizing them with various options. For example, you can add custom columns to your report, and then include a chart to make data analysis more efficient.
Report definition rules define report definitions that provide more advanced options for displaying and managing data than standard reports that you can create in App Studio.
Report definition rules generate an SQL query that retrieves and sorts information from the PegaRULES database, an external database, or an Elasticsearch index.
By accessing a report definition rule, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Add custom columns to your report, and format the report data.
- Manage filter conditions.
For example, you can add a new filter, and prohibit changes to the filter to ensure that report results remain the same for each user.
- Include or edit charts that present report data.
- Manage the appearance of reports in Report Viewer.
For example, you can lock the report header to make it visible while you scroll down through the report.
- Control the amount of resources that the system requires to run the report.
- View the list of associated classes that share matching values.
- The Calculation Builder
In the Report Viewer, the Report Editor, and the Report Definition rule form, you can use the Calculation Builder to select an SQL function, a literal value, or a column name. You can build nested expressions in the Calculation Builder by using an SQL function as the parameter value for another SQL function.
- More about report definition rules
About the pxRetrieveReportData activity
Previous topic Creating advanced reports Next topic The Calculation Builder