By accessing a report definition rule, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Add custom columns to your report, and format the report data.
- Manage filter conditions.
For example, you can add a new filter, and prohibit changes to the filter to ensure that report results remain the same for each user.
- Include or edit charts that present report data.
- Manage the appearance of reports in Report Viewer.
For example, you can lock the report header to make it visible while you scroll down through the report.
- Control the amount of resources that the system requires to run the report.
- View the list of associated classes that share matching values.
- The Calculation Builder
In the Report Viewer, the Report Editor, and the Report Definition rule form, you can use the Calculation Builder to select an SQL function, a literal value, or a column name. You can build nested expressions in the Calculation Builder by using an SQL function as the parameter value for another SQL function.
- More about report definition rules
About the pxRetrieveReportData activity