Sorting and grouping columns in list reports
Make your report more readable and organized by grouping columns and sorting the column values. For example, you can sort and group the report results to present the cases that the user accessed most recently.
- If App Studio is not in Preview mode, in the header, click Preview application.
- In the header of App Studio, select the portal in which you manage reports.
- In the navigation pane, open the Report Browser by clicking Reports.
- Select the reports that you want to view:
- To view your custom reports, click the My Reports tab.
- To view all available reports, click the All reports tab.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click Edit report.
- Click .
- In the Sort and Group section, manage the report columns:
Choices Actions Sort the column values Next to the column name, in the Sort list, select a sorting method for the column. Note: You can apply different a sorting method for each column. Group the results
- Select the Group results check box.
- In the numeric list, select the number of columns to display as the group heading.
- Optional: To remove the rows that share the same values in all columns, select the Remove duplicate rows check box.
Limit the number of displayed rows in the report
- In the Top/Bottom Rank section, in the
Display list, select how you want to display the
rows.For example, if you want to display the rows with the highest values, select Top Ranked.
- In the box next to the Display list, enter the maximum number of rows to include in the report.
- In the Rows list, select where you want to limit the
rows.For example, if you want to limit the overall number of rows in the entire report, select Overall.
- In the based on field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a property to use.
- Click Apply changes.
Previous topic Adding columns to reports Next topic Duplicating existing reports