- Run the report that you want to update.For more information, see Running a report.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click Edit report.
- In the Data Explorer section, add a filter condition:
Choices Actions Add a function to the filter condition
- From the Calculations tab, drag a specific function to the Drop column to add filter section.
- In the Calculation builder dialog box, in the
Function input field, press the Down arrow key, and
then select a property to calculate.
- Click Submit.
- In the Edit filter section, in the Function name list of operators, select a relational operator for the filter condition.
- In the Function name box, press the Down arrow key, and
then select a property to compare with your function.For example, you can use the Older than n days function to filter the report to display cases that remain open for a specific period of time.
Add a property to the filter condition
- From the Best Bets or All
Matches tabs, drag a specific property to the Drop
column to add filter section.For more information on Data Explorer tabs, see Data Explorer.
- In the Edit filter section, in the Filter condition name list of operators, select a relational operator for the filter condition.
- In the Filter condition name box, press the Down arrow key, and then select a property to compare with your property.
- Optional: To add a function with which the system compares your property, click
Calculation Builder, and specify the function.For example, you can use the Day of the week function to filter the report to display all resolved cases on a particular day of the week.
- Optional: To change the name of the filter condition that is visible in the Report Viewer and the Report Editor, in the Filter Caption field, enter a new name.
- Optional: To use a null comparison value if a comparison value is not specified, select the Use null if empty check box.
- Optional: To apply a case insensitive comparison, select the Ignore case check box.
- Add the filter condition by clicking Apply changes.
- Editing filter conditions
Customize the filter conditions to display specific information in the report. For example, you can filter the report to display a list of user IDs that contains the division ID.
- Editing filter logic
Customize a report to display only data that is relevant to your needs by managing how the report filters information.