- If App Studio is not in Preview mode, in the header, click Preview application.
- In the header of App Studio, select the portal in which you manage reports.
- In the navigation pane, open Report Browser by clicking Reports.
- In the upper-right corner of Report Browser, click New report.
- In the Create new report modal dialog box, specify the report
- In the Case type list, select the primary case type or data type on which you want to report.
- In the Report type list, select the type of report.
- Click Submit.
Result: The system opens Report Editor where you can manage the report.
- In Report Editor, modify the report to meet your business needs.
For example: From the Data Explorer section, drag specific records to your report to include them in the report.
- In the upper right corner of Report Editor, click Done editing.
- In the Save report as modal dialog box, enter the report
- In the Title field, enter the report title.
- In the Description field, enter the report description.
- In the Category list, select the report category.
- Click Submit.
- Creating a report category in Report Browser
In the Report Browser, you can create report categories to help you organize reports. Each report belongs to one category, but you can have report shortcuts to the same report in more than one category.
- Adding columns to reports
Extend a report scope by adding a property or a calculation. For example, you can include a calculation that displays the difference in hours, days, or months between two dates of your choice.
- Duplicating existing reports
Safely modify report data without affecting the source report by duplicating that report. For example, you can use the data from the original report, but filter or organize the information differently.