Customizing chart-based insights
Adjust the appearance and contents of chart-based insights to visualize only the specific information that is relevant to your business needs. For example, in a flight booking application, you can visualize data about recent reservations, and then filter the results by specific destinations to analyze the latest trends in business.You can choose from a wide range of chart types to conveniently present your data.
- In the navigation pane of your application, click Explore Data.
- In the Insights section, click the chart-based insight that you want to modify.
- On the right side of the insight, click Edit.
- In the customization screen of your insight, on the DATA
tab, manage the content of your insight:
Choices Actions Change visualization In the Chart type section, in the types list, select the chart that you want to view. Visualize specific data
- From the Fields section on the right
side of the screen, drag numerical data into the
Note: If you change the object type, the system discards all settings of the insight, such as filter conditions, chart type, and selected data.
- Create a chart by dragging further data into the
For example: Drag the Loan amount and Customer data records into the Measures and Dimensions fields respectively to visualize the loans of specific borrowers. Change measures
- In the Fields section, in the
Measures area, next to the record
that you want to edit, click More,
and then select a measure to include in the chart.
For example: For the Loan amount record, select Maximum to visualize records with the highest loan amount.
For the Amount to insure record, select Count to visualize the number of items to insure per customer.
Apply basic filters
- From the Fields section, drag the
data by which you want to filter the chart into the
For example: Drag the Last name record to filter results by specific surname.
- In the list of relational operators, select an operator for
For example: Select is equal to, and then enter Smith to visualize the loan data of customers whose surname is Smith.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To apply more filters, drag more records into the Filters area.
Apply advanced filters
- In the Filters section, click Add advanced filter, and then, in the dialog box with filters, click Advanced mode.
- In the Advanced condition field,
enter the filter logic, and then click
For example: If you apply two filters, enter 1 OR 2 to filter data by either of the conditions. Sort data
- In the Sorting section, in the Sort by list, select the data by which you want to sort the chart.
- In the Sort order list, specify how
you want to sort the data.
For example: Select Ascending to display values from lowest to highest.
- From the Fields section on the right side of the screen, drag numerical data into the Measures area.
- On the CHART tab of your insight, manage how the system
displays supplementary information in the chart:
Choices Actions Customize the range of axes
- Expand the Axis section.
- Manage the axes of the chart by selecting specific check
For example: Select Customize range, and then in the Minimum and Maximum fields, modify the scale of the chart. Toggle tooltips Expand the Tooltips section, and then select the Show tooltip check box to display supplementary information about the chart columns. Manage chart legend
- Expand the Legend section, and then select the Show legend check box.
- Customize the chart legend by providing specific
For example: In the Type list, select Check boxes to create a legend in the form of clickable check boxes. Note: The system hides the columns that correspond to the check boxes that you clear.
- In the upper-right corner of the insight, click Save insight.
Previous topic Customizing list-based insights Next topic Converting tables to charts