Defining associations for map charts
Ensure that maps display correct data by associating specific map regions with matching property values. For example, you can display traffic distribution on a map of New York by associating the map with the New York property value that includes that data.
For a specific map, set a property value that you use in your database for that region. You can provide a full region name, use an abbreviation, or provide a code.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Map Type field, press the Down arrow key, and then select
the map of a specific region.
For example: To manage associations for countries worldwide, select the World (Countries) map.
- In the Class field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the class that you want to associate with the map.
- In the Ruleset and Version fields, select the unlocked ruleset and ruleset version in which you want to save the map settings.
- In the Property value column, update property values of specific
regions.For example, for a map of France, you can enter France or FR.
- Click Save.
- Adding maps to reports
Learn about the geographical distribution of specific events by displaying report data on a map. For example, you can use maps to display data about sales in specific regions, or incidents in specific states, and adjust your marketing strategy accordingly.
Previous topic Styling charts in the application skin Next topic Adding maps to reports