Creating an advanced report category
Organize reports more effectively by creating report categories in Dev Studio. For example, you can create a custom category that contains information about open cases so that you can conveniently analyze the remaining workload.By using Dev Studio to create report categories, you gain access to more advanced configuration options than in Report Browser. For example, you can specify which access group can see your report category, or add the category to a specific application.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Category Record Configuration section, enter the category
- In the Label field, enter a short description of the category.
- Optional: To edit the unique identifier of the category, in the
Identifier field, click Edit, and then
enter a new name.By default, the Identifier field inherits the name from the Label field. A valid identifier name starts with a letter, and consists of letters, digits, and underscores.
- In the Owner Type list, select who can see the
category.For example, select Shared, and then specify the access group with which you want to share the category.
- In the Context section, select the check box of the specific application in which you want to include the category.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select the ruleset in which you want to include the category.
- Optional: To associate the category with a work item, in the Work item to associate field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a work item.
- Click Create and open, and then click Save.
- Optional: To view all report categories in your application, in the left navigation pane, click .
- Managing report categories
Control the way that Report Browser displays specific report categories by customizing the categories. By modifying existing report categories, you can conveniently adapt to new requirements without the need to create additional categories. For example, you can change the name of a category, and specify who can see the category in Report Browser.
Previous topic Excluding items from Report Browser Next topic Managing report categories