Creating simple value charts
Present crucial application data clearly by arranging information in the form of a customized layout. For example, in a retail application, you can create a chart-based insight that highlights data about total sales and profits to help users focus on important information.
- In the navigation pane of your application, click Explore Data.
- In the Insights section, click the chart-based insight that you want to modify.
- On the right side of the insight, click Edit.
- From the Fields section on the right side of the window,
drag the required data into the Measures area.You can include numerical data and non-numerical data, such as sales and personal information.
Note: Do not change the Simple Value chart type that the system sets by default.
- Optional: To specify calculations for your data, in the Measures
area, next to the specific data series, click More, and
then select the required option.
For example: For the Customers data series, click Distinct count to retrieve the number of unique customers.
- Click the Chart tab.
- In the Simple Value display section, in the
Layout list, specify the layout of the chart:
- To feature the values of all data series, select Highlight.
- To feature the value of one data series only, and include other data below that series, select Highlight + summary.
- To create a custom layout, select Custom highlight + summary.
- Depending on the layout that you select, customize specific arrangement
For example: For the Custom highlight + summary layout, in the Highlights field, enter 3 to feature three data series.
- Optional: To apply colors to the data series, in the Conditional
formatting section, customize the labels.For more information, see Color-coding the appearance of data series.
- In the upper-right corner of the insight, click Save insight.
Previous topic Grouping information by dates Next topic Viewing underlying records of insights