- If App Studio is not in Preview mode, in the header, click Preview application.
- In the header of App Studio, select the portal in which you manage reports.
- In the navigation pane, open the Report Browser by clicking Reports.
- Select the reports that you want to view:
- To view your custom reports, click the My Reports tab.
- To view all available reports, click the All reports tab.
- Hover over the report shortcut, click the Actions icon, and then click Schedule.
- Optional: To provide the task details, in the Perform report scheduling task
window that appears, configure the following parameters:
- In the Task Definition section, in the Task
Name field, edit the scheduling task label.The name supports only letters, numbers, and the underscore character.
- In the Task Description field, enter a task summary.
- In the Task Definition section, in the Task Name field, edit the scheduling task label.
- In the report scheduling task window, provide the scheduling details:
- In the Task Scheduling section, in the Time of
Day list, select when to run the report.
- In the Recurrence section, select how often you want to repeat
the task.For example, if you want to run the report once, click One-Time only.
- Optional: To rerun the task if errors occur, select the On error, retry check box, and then specify the interval and the maximum number of attempts.
- In the Task Scheduling section, in the Time of Day list, select when to run the report.
- In the Task Output Processing section, provide the report
processing details: For more information, see Managing report subscriptions.
- Schedule the report by clicking Submit.
- Managing report subscriptions
Keep users up-to-date about certain scheduled reports by managing report subscriptions. For example, you can extend the list of users that receive the report.
- Subscribing to reports
Keep up-to-date with system changes, and receive a copy of a scheduled report each time the report runs by subscribing to the report.
- Testing scheduled reporting tasks
Verify whether your scheduled reporting tasks is completed correctly by performing a test run. For example, you can send the subscribers an immediate email to check whether a notification message is generated.
- Updating scheduled reporting tasks
Dynamically adapt your scheduled reports to your evolving business needs by updating the scheduled reporting tasks. For example, if you want to display charts in the report, you can change the output format to Microsoft Excel Workbook that supports charts.
- Removing scheduled reporting tasks
Control all scheduled reporting tasks in your application to ensure that the system runs only the reports that are required. For example, if you do not need a report anymore, you can save processing capacity by removing a scheduled reporting task.