Bookmarking a rule
You can use favorites to bookmark a rule so that you can quickly find it later. You can create favorites that are visible to your operator exclusively, another operator, or all operators within a specified access group.
- Make sure that the rule you are adding as a favorite is not a checkout.
- Make sure that you have opened the correct version of the rule to add as a favorite.
For example, a rule can have a base version and 50 circumstanced versions, one for each state in the United States. You can add the Vermont instance as a favorite to Doug Smith and the California instance as a favorite to Belle Cruise, respectively.
- In the Actions menu of the rule form header, click Add to Favorites.
- Enter text in the Label field that distinguishes this favorite
from other delegated rules.The value you specify appears in the Favorite Explorer and the operator menu in Dev Studio.
- In the Add to drop-down list, indicate who can access this
- My Personal: Visible to your operator only.
- My Access Group: Visible to all operators in your current access group.
- Other Access Groups: Visible to operators in the access group you specify.
- Other User Personal: Visible to the specified operator ID only.
- Select an option to indicate how the system finds this favorite:
These radio buttons appear when a rule supports multiple versions.
- Open the highest version: Rule resolution is used to find and open the delegated rule.
- Always open this version: The exact version used to create the favorite is opened, even if other instances exist in a higher ruleset version or class.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Comparing rules by system Next topic Searching for a rule