Configuring ruleset update behavior
You can configure when users see new ruleset lists due to changes of access groups or applications: immediately, at the start of the next thread, or at the next session.
By default, a session's ruleset list changes immediately when the session's access group or application changes. You can configure your server to change the ruleset list at the start of the next thread or session.
- Configure the prconfig/Authorization/RSLUpdateBehavior/default
dynamic system setting (DSS) with the owning ruleset Pega-Engineand a
value that reflects how you want the ruleset to update:
For more information, see Creating a dynamic system setting.
- The default setting.
- Ruleset lists are updated as application and access group changes are made.
- Ruleset lists are updated from application and access group changes at thread creation boundaries and stay the same for the entire lifetime of the thread.
- Thread creation boundaries include thread creation and thread switch events.
- Snapshots of the ruleset lists are taken for all available applications at login.
- Fixed throughout the lifetime of the session.
- If a requestor with the ruleset list update behavior that is set to Fixedreq spawns a child requestor, the child requestor gets the most recent context using their parent's access group as a key.
- Restart the server.
Previous topic Modifying a delegated record or data type Next topic Deleting a rule