Complete the Security tab on the Ruleset form to update security information for a ruleset. For example, you can control who can change rules in a ruleset, and prevent potential conflicts when two or more users attempt to change one rule at the same time.
- Update a ruleset or update class rules in a ruleset.
- Add, copy, or update versions on the Versions tab of a ruleset.
- In the Records explorer of Dev Studio, click , and click a rule to open it.
- Click the Security tab.
- If you defined a password that a user must match to update the ruleset, in the Enter password values section, in the To update this RuleSet field, enter the password to unlock the ruleset.
- To indicate that this ruleset contains rules that tailor, override, and extend an
application, rather than define an application, in the Rule
management section, complete the following fields:
- To specify that a ruleset is not intended to be moved to other Pega Platform systems, select Local
customization?.This setting is advisory only and does not affect the ruleset functionality.
- To enable developers to check out this ruleset when updating it, select
Use check-out?.As a best practice, select this option to avoid the risk of multiple developers updating a ruleset and overwriting each other's changes.
- Optional: To use a flow rule to manage development and check-in on this ruleset, in the Work class used for approval process field, enter the work type to which the flow rule that controls check-ins applies.
- Optional: In the Work flow to use for approvals field, enter the name
of the flow rule that controls rule check-in for this ruleset.
- To specify that a ruleset is not intended to be moved to other Pega Platform systems, select Local customization?.
- Optional: Use the Define passwords section to prohibit users from adding or
updating versions of this ruleset, or updating this
ruleset.Lock the setting by entering passwords in the following fields. When you save the rule, the field is replaced by a check box. If you leave a field blank, no password is required.
- In the To Add a Ruleset Version field, enter a password that the user must match before creating (beneath the version array) or copying a version for this ruleset on the Versions tab.
- In the To Update a Ruleset Version field, enter a password that the user must match before updating a version on the Versions tab.
- In the To Update this Ruleset field, enter a password that a
user must match when updating this ruleset. This restriction includes updates to the
versions on the Versions tab.
- Click Save.