Finding rules by dependency
Save development time and find rules by dependency with the Referencing Rules tool. Instead of conducting a full-content search, you can quickly locate a rule in context by tracing the relationship between the rules in your application.
For example, before you remove steps from a data transform, you can use the Referencing Rules tool to find the rules that the removal affects.
- Open a rule whose dependencies you want to check.
- Click .
- Review the list of rules in the Referencing Rules and Referenced Rules tabs to understand the relationships between the rules.
- Optional: To open any of the rules listed in the tabs in their own, new tab, click the Edit icon.
- Optional: To filter the results, on the Referencing
Rules tab, click the Settings icon, and then choose
any of the following options:
- To narrow the search results to the rules used only in the application, in the Rule Sets list, select Application Only.
- To include rules with the same name in the same class path, select the Show overrides check box.
- To include other versions of the rule, select the Show Versions and Circumstances check box.
Previous topic Finding rules by name Next topic Finding rules by custom field