Reporting on rules
You can report on rules of more than one type and rules that are checked out. For reporting purposes, searching all instances of the classes derived from the Rule- base class, or even all instances of the Rule-Service- class, can impact performance. To provide more efficient reporting, you can create report definitions that query the database view that corresponds to a particular class.
- To report on rules of more than one type, create a report definition rule with Data-Rule-Summary as the Apply to class. The properties that you use for selection criteria must be stored as exposed columns of the PegaRULES database view that corresponds to the Data-Rule-Summary class.
- To report on rules that are checked out, create a report definition rule with Data-Rule-Locking as the Apply to class.
Viewing the heat map
You can view a heat map that shows in the number of rules in each category, broken down by rule type. The size of each box reflects the number of rules of a single rule type. Complete the following steps.
- In Dev Studio, click .
- In the Shaded by list, select an option to graphically shade the heat map by number of recently updated rules, number of warnings, or number of rules checked out per category. The darker the shade, the higher the number of the filtered type that is found in that rule type.
- Click the Filter button to add or remove rulesets and rule categories from the heat map.
- Left-click a rule type on the heat map top open a report that displays all rules of the selected type in the selected type in the application.
- Right-click a rule type on the heat map to open a report that displays all rules of the selected type in the application that match the filter selected for the recently updated rules, the number of warnings, and the number of rules checked out per category.
Viewing and running inventory reports
Inventory reports are not associated with a specific application's work items, assignments, or processing. You can run reports for which the Applies To key part is a class derived from the System-, Data-, or Rule- base classes.
- To view inventory reports, click .
- Click the report name to open its rule form, and specify the appropriate information.
- To run the report, click Run from the Actions menu.
Reviewing exposed properties
To enhance record selection operations for reporting, certain single value properties are stored as exposed columns in an application. You can review which properties are exposed in your appliction.
- Click Configure > Data Model > Classes & Properties > Database Class Mappings.
- Locate your class in the Database Class Mappings table.
- In your class's row, click the number in the Exposed/Mapped column to view exposed properties for that class.
Previous topic Searching for a rule Next topic Viewing rule history