Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Configuring the anonymous operator for an anonymous authentication service
Configure an anonymous operator for use in an anonymous authentication service. When Pega Platform creates a session for an anonymous operator, a unique operator ID is generated and other operator values are populated from a model operator or by using a data transform.
At run time, the access group for the anonymous operator is set initially to the value of the default access group for the pega Browser requestor type, as described in Authentication services and rule availability. After the preauthentication activity (if any) is run, the values from the model operator or data transform are applied to the anonymous operator. If the model operator or data transform sets an access group, that access group is used from that point forward during the anonymous session.
What to do next: Specifying preauthentication and postauthentication activities for an anonymous authentication service
- Open the service from the navigation panel in Dev Studio by clicking and choosing a service from the instance list. On the Anonymous tab, navigate to the Operator identification section.
- To construct an operator by copying a specific model, click By
name and enter a value for Model
operator. This is the operator ID for the operator record to be copied. If the value contains a period ("."), enclose the value in double quotation marks, for example, "abc.def".
- To identify the model operator by using an expression, click By name, and next to the Model operator field, click the Build an expression icon and create an expression that returns the operator ID to be copied.
- To identify the model operator by using organizational information, click
By organization hierarchy and enter values for
Org (organization), Div
(division), and Unit. You can also provide an expression
for each of these fields.The Model User value in the Unit instance provides the model operator for constructing the new operator.
- To create the operator by using a data transform, click By data
transform and enter the data transform name.The applies to class of the data transform must be Data-Admin-Operator-ID. For an example data transform, see pyDefaultForNonPegaOperator. If the data transform copies property values from a model operator, you must first create an operator instance in the database for the model operator. Otherwise, you do not need to create a model operator.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Configuring an anonymous authentication service Next topic Specifying preauthentication and postauthentication activities for an anonymous authentication service