Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Configuring a keystore for a master key from a custom source
You can configure a keystore for a master encryption key that is stored in an external source, such as a key management service. Use keystores to encrypt, authenticate, and serve content over HTTPS. Master keys can encrypt data that is temporarily stored, for example, cached requestor IDs, or data that is persisted, such as data in a database.
- Open a keystore from the navigation panel by clicking and selecting a keystore for a master key from a custom source from the instance list.
- In the Keystore location field, select Source master key from other KMS using a data page.
- Create a data page for a master key from a custom source.
- In the Source data page field, enter or select the data page that you created in step 3.
- Click Save.
- Creating a data page for a master key from a custom source
To configure a keystore for a master key by using a data page reference, create the data page. Use this data page to retrieve a master key from an external source.
Previous topic Encrypting system data by using a custom key management service Next topic Creating a data page for a master key from a custom source