An access group is a group of application permissions that are used by an operator, external system, or background process. Create an access group to define the actions that are allowed when such an entity uses an application.
- In the Dev Studio header, click .
- Enter a short description for this access group data instance.
Access Group Name
field, enter a name. As a best
practice, use the format of an application name followed by a single colon and a
description of the job or user function of the users or other requestors who belong to
this access group.
Do not use an asterisk character(*), parentheses (), or spaces in an access group name. Begin the name with a letter and use only letters, digits, dash, ampersand, period, and colon characters.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Application section, in the Name field, press the Down Arrow key and select the name of the application that this access group can access.
section, in the
field, press the Down Arrow key and select the version of
the application that this access group can access.
When a user logs in, the ruleset names and ruleset versions identified in the application rule are added to the user's ruleset list.
- Grant portal access to the access group.
- Add roles to the access group.