Create an OAuth 1.0 client data instance to allow an external application to securely access Pega Platform by using OAuth 1.0.
To obtain the required configuration values, see the API guide of the external application you want to connect to.
- In the Dev Studio header, click .
- Enter a short description for your OAuth client data instance.
- Enter a name in the OAuth Client field. Begin the name with a letter, and use only alphanumeric characters.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Provider details section, in the Provider name list, select LinkedIn, Twitter, or Custom.
- In the Provider details section, enter the relevant provider URLs in the Request token, Authorization, and Access token fields.
- In the Consumer identification section, enter the relevant values for Consumer key, Shared secret key, and Signature method.
- Click Save.
- OAuth 1.0 clients
The OAuth standard framework enables secure, delegated access to services over HTTPS. OAuth provides tokens (sometimes called "valet keys") that provide access to your data that is hosted by a specific service provider. Each token grants access to a specific site for specific resources, for a defined period of time. A later version of this protocol, OAuth 2.0, uses a different data instance type.