Configure cross-site request forgery settings (CSRF) to prevent users from unintentionally making changes because of a CSRF attack. You can set validation for activities and streams, add host names to an allow list, and specify host names that you want checked for a CSRF token.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Optional: To prevent the browser from submitting the PegaRULES cookie in a request from a
non-originating site, do the following steps:
For more information about samesite cookies, refer to the documentation from owasp.org.
- Select the Enable samesite cookie attribute checkbox.
- In the Samsite Options list, click Lax or Strict.
- To enable CSRF settings, select Enable CSRF token check. Selecting this check box will enable the CSRF token validation.
- If you have enabled CSRF token check, select one of the following
- All activities & streams
- CSRF validation checks all activities and streams for CSRF tokens in your system. If you select this option, you can specify certain streams and activities to be excluded from CSRF token validation by entering them in the Allowed Activities field and the Allowed Streams field. Separate multiple activities and streams with commas.
- Specific activities & streams
- CSRF validation checks the activities and streams that you specify in the Secured Activites and Secured Streams fields for CSRF tokens. Separate multiple activities and streams with commas.
- Optional: To add names to a safe "allow list" of host names to ignore during CSRF token
validation, perform the following actions.
- In the Referrer Settings section, select Enable referrer check.
- Select the Allow domains only if matches exactly with
Referrer check box to allow requests which exactly match
the URL given in the Allowed referrers
- If Enable referrer check is checked and http://pega.com is provided in Allowed referrers, then http://pega.com.xyz is valid, but http://xyz.pega.com is not valid.
- If Allow domains only if matches exactly with Referrer is checked in addition to the conditions above, only the exact match http://pega.com is valid, but not http://pega.com.xyz or http://xyz.pega.com.
- In the Allowed referrers field, enter host names that you want to be checked for a CSRF token. Separate multiple host names with commas.
- Click Submit.
- If you changed the value of Enable CSRF token check, you must restart your system for the new value to take effect.