To secure an activity, you need to choose the correct privilege. The task described below is an example step-by-step process to find an existing privilege in your application in order to secure an Activity.
If you are looking for privileges found in standard Roles Name rules available in Pega Infinity, see Standard Privileges in Securing an Activity.
- Determine the Access Roles that should and should not have the ability to
execute the Activity.
- In our example, users with the role PegaRULES:User4 should have the ability to update cases, but not to reopen them.
- Users with the PegaRULES:WorkMgr4 role should have the ability to both update cases and reopen them.
- To view the example Access Role, in the pabel of , click . Then, select your Role Name in the list.
- In the Privileges column, there is a list of privileges
for that Role Name. Choose the privilege that describes the action you need to
take that is available for this role, but not available for other roles which
should not be able to execute this activity.
- In our example, there is an existing Privilege called WorkReopen found near the bottom of PegaRULES:WorkMgr4 role.
- In the same row, in the first column, note the class associated with that
privilege.In our example, this is "Work-".
- Open your activity rule form and enter the Class and Privilege name. For
- Privilege Class: Work-
- Privilege Name: WorkReopen