Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Storage stream encryption of selected classes
You can optionally enable encryption of the Storage Stream or BLOB ( pzPVStream ) column for rows in the Pega Platform database that correspond to specific classes.
Encryption of the Storage Stream column for one class does not affect the Storage Stream of other classes, even those that occupy the same table in the Pega Platform database. Encryption occurs when the Pega Platform saves an instance of the class. Decryption occurs when the Pega Platform retrieves and opens an instance.
Storage Stream encryption is unrelated to any database encryption that is provided by database software or encryption software that is provided by others.
CPU processing for encryption and decryption can affect overall system performance, depending on data volumes and algorithms. To assess the impact, check the following record time and count properties on the Full Details display of the Performance tool. Elapsed time and CPU times are components of other statistics that measure database times. CPU statistics are available only for Windows platforms. All times are in seconds. The following statistics are available:
- pxEncryptCPU — CPU time required to encrypt Storage Stream contents
- pxDecryptCPU — CPU time required to decrypt Storage Stream contents
- pxEncryptElapsed — Elapsed time required to encrypt Storage Stream contents
- pxDecryptElapsed — Elapsed time required to decrypt Storage Stream contents
- pxEncryptCount — Number of Storage Streams encrypted
- pxDecryptCount — Number of Storage Streams decrypted
Previous topic Encrypting the storage stream (BLOB) Next topic Keystores