Configure a basic authentication profile so that messages sent to and from your application use basic HTTP authentication credentials.
- Open an authentication profile from the navigation panel by clicking and selecting a basic profile from the instance list.
- In the User name field, enter a valid user name for the scheme.
The default property for this field is pyUserName. This field also supports the Global Resource Settings syntax (
- Click Set password, enter a password that is valid for the user
name you provided, and then click Submit. The default property for
this field is pyPassword. This field also supports the Global Resource Settings syntax (
- In the Realm field, enter the realm of the user account on the server to which you are connecting.
- In the Host Name field, enter the host name of the server to which the request is being sent.
- Select the Preemptive authentication check box to have the
system send the basic authentication request before the server gives an unauthorized
response. Selecting this check box reduces the overhead of making the connection.
- Click Save.