Configure the way in which your custom or Kerberos authentication service handles operator time-out situations.
- Open the service from the navigation panel in Dev Studio by clicking and choosing a service from the instance list.
- For a Kerberos authentication service, on the Kerberos tab, in
the Timeout activity field, press the Down Arrow key and select the
AuthenticationLDAPWebTimeout activity to control the time-out
behavior. The activity must have Code-Security as the Applies To key part.
- For a custom authentication service, on the Service tab, in the
Timeout activity field, press the Down Arrow key and select the
AuthenticationLDAPTimeout activity to control the time-out behavior. The activity must have Code-Security as the Applies To key part.
- Navigate to the Custom tab.
- Select the Use PegaRULES Timeout check box to use the authentication time-out values specified in the user access groups to determine how long a user session can remain inactive before users are prompted to identify themselves again. Leave this check box cleared if time-out is managed by the application server or other external facility.
- Do one of the following steps.
- Select the Use Basic Authentication for Timeout check box to use the Basic authentication browser pop-up window to gather credentials when user's session times out.
- In the Timeout challenge stream field, enter the second key part of an HTML rule (where the Applies To key part is @baseclass ) that presents a form for gathering user credentials when the user's session times out.
- In the Redirect URL field, enter a URL to which the user is
redirected when the user session times out. This field is not available when the Use PegaRULES Timeout option is selected.
- Click Save.