Create an Access of Role to Object rule to associate an access role with a class.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create form, define the context of the rule.
- In the Access class field, press the Down Arrow key and select the class that defines the abstract or concrete class that users who hold this access role need to access in some way. To provide uniform access to both a parent class and all its subclasses, enter the parent class name.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name and unlocked version of a ruleset that stores the privilege. As a best practice, to avoid confusion and difficult-to-debug security configurations, use the same ruleset as the ruleset of the Access class that you selected in 2.a.
- Click Create and open to open the Access of Role to Object form.
- Click Save.
- Defining permissions by using Access of Role to Object rules
Use the Access of Role to Object rule form to define the permissions that an access role has for a class.
- Specifying privileges for an Access of Role to Object rule
To more precisely define access to instances of a class, you update the Access of Role to Object rule to grant or revoke privileges for a role and access class. Specifying privileges is optional.
- Defining access settings for an Access of Role to Object rule
To more precisely define access to instances of a class, you associate one or more access settings with an access role by using the Settings tab of the Access of Role to Object rule form. Specifying access settings is optional.