Multi-factor authentication with a one-time password
Pega Platform supports two-factor authentication by sending a one-time password (OTP) to a user through email. The user must enter this one-time password in your Pega Platform application for verification.
Two-factor authentication is supported for the following use cases:
- In custom authentication services
- In case flows, to authenticate a user before critical transactions (such as a funds transfer in excess of a certain amount)
You can configure your Pega Platform application to use two-factor authentication by completing the following steps:
- Configuring multi-factor authentication policies
To control the behavior of two-factor authentication, configure the multi-factor authentication policy settings on the Security Policies landing page.
- Generating a one-time password
You can generate a one-time password by calling an activity. Use this method to use a one-time password in an application that is running on Pega Platform version 7.3 or later.
- Verifying a one-time password
You can verify a one-time password by calling an activity. Use this method to verify a one-time password in an application that is running on Pega Platform version 7.3 or later.
Previous topic Substitute a solution developed in-house Next topic Configuring multi-factor authentication policies