Customizing authentication screens in your Pega application
To customize the login screen of your authentication service, edit the source HTML in the pyDisplayAuthScreenSelector.
You must complete the following task before you can configure a basic authentication service: Creating an authentication service.
Before you customize pages, you must create an alternate access group and ruleset for the custom authentication screen, then apply the access group and ruleset to the pyDisplayAuthScreenSelector rule. For more information, see the following topics:
To edit the source HTML of your authentication service login page:
- Open the existing authentication HTML rule from the navigation panel in Dev Studio by clicking .
- In the Stream name column, click the search icon (▼).
- In the Search Text field, enter pyDisplayAuthScreenSelector.
- Click Apply.
- Click the row containing pyDisplayAuthScreenSelector.
- n the Generate For list, select whether your customized login screen uses HTML directives or JavaServer Pages (JSP) tags.
- In the Browser Support list, select whether Modern browsers or IE only support your customized login screen.
- In the Accessibility list, select to tag whether or not your customized login screens meets your accessibility requirements.
- In the HTML source field, enter your customized login page HTML. Observe Pega Guardrails and analyze potential security risks of the customized login page.
- If your customized login references clipboard pages, click the Pages and Classes tab.
- Enter the required clipboard pages and the classes to which they belong.
- Click Save.
The customized HTML of your login page is built into your application instance of Pega-Engine.
- In the Actions list, select Preview.
- Confirm the login page reflects your customized HTML.
Previous topic Enforcing policies from the Security Policies landing page Next topic Activating your basic authentication service