For an automated selection of tasks to process, operators can use the Get Next Work logic. Get Next Work automatically prompts users with an assignment that currently has the highest urgency in work queues and work groups that the operator can access.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Operators tab, select an operator that you want
Tip: To find your operator faster, in the Search Text field, enter the operator name, and then click Search.
- On the Work tab, in the Organizational
unit section, define the affiliation of the operator within the
organization by clicking Update, and then provide a
relevant organization, division, and unit.
For example: For an organization, enter the name of your company, for example, UPlusTelco, and then provide a division and unit, such as BankingOperations for a division and Mortgages for a unit.
- In the Team field, enter a work group to which the user
belongs.A work group defines routing of tasks and a reporting manager of the user.
For example: If you create Team A to review mortgage requests and Team B to investigate issues with mortgage operations, the two teams can use separate areas of your application so that the work is logically separated.
- Optional: To assign a user to multiple work groups, click Add a work group, in the text box enter a work group, and then select the radio button next to the work group that you want to set as the default.
- Optional: To enhance the reporting options of your application, in the Reports to field, enter the reporting manager for the user.
- Optional: To enable routing of tasks based on a skillset, in the
Skill field, enter the ability of the user, and then
in the Rating field, enter the level of the
ability.You can apply a rating from 1 to 10, where 10 implies the highest level of the skill.
For example: To indicate that a user is a fluent speaker of French, in the Skill field, enter French, and then in the Rating field, enter 10.
- Optional: To allow the user to process assignments from a work queue that corresponds
with the user's work group, in the Work queue section,
click Add item, and then provide a work queue and an
urgency threshold.During Get Next Work processing, your application ignores assignments with urgency lower than the urgency threshold. For more information about Get Next Work, see Customizing the Get Next Work logic.
- Optional: To assign the user to multiple work queues, click Add item, and then repeat step 8.
- Optional: To trigger the Get Next Work algorithm to retrieve assignments from the work
queues of the user first, select the Get from work queues
first check box.Otherwise, Get Next Work picks up the top assignment on the user worklist, and accesses work queues only if this user's worklist is empty.
For example: If a user is a member of the Team A to review mortgage requests, the Next Get Work algorithm suggests assignments that the application routes to the Team A work queue first and then moves to the assignments from the user's individual worklist.
- Optional: To trigger the Get Next Work algorithm to retrieve assignments from all work queues that correspond with the team that you provided in step 4, select the Use all work queue assignments in user's team check box.
- Optional: To trigger the Next Assignment item to consolidate assignments from all of the
work queues of the user, sort by assignment urgency, and return the most urgent
assignment in any work queue, select the Merge work
queues check box.If you select the Use all work queue assignments in user's team check box in step 11, the system selects the Merge work queues check box by default and you cannot clear this check box.
- Click Save.