Adding a custom security event
The Security Event Configuration landing page might not have all the events you want to monitor. However, you can define custom security events that are specific for your application in order to monitor them in the logs.
- In the navigation panel, click .
- Open the activity that processes the action or event you want to monitor.
- Click Check out.
- On the Steps tab do one of the following actions:
- If a Java step does not exist, click Add a step to insert a Java step where you want to log the event.
- If a Java step exists, click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section for the Java method.
- In the Method Parameters section, enter the following call to
tools.getSecEventLogger().logCustomEvent(PublicAPI tools, String eventType, String outcome, String message, Map<String, String> customFlds)with the following parameter values.
- eventType – Name of the event type to keep track of custom events
- outcome – The outcome of the event
- message – Any message that a user needs to log as part of the event
- customFlds – A map of key-value pairs that log extra information for the event
Note: Add the call to the API at the end of the section if a Java step exists.
- Click Save as.
Previous topic Selecting a security event to monitor Next topic Security events log