Although Pega Platform has an integrated platform cipher, you can implement a custom cipher to address policies that are specific to your company. You can use your own custom cipher in Pega Platform as a data encryption type.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Application data encryption section, encrypt application
- Encrypt data with your custom cipher by selecting Custom cipher.
- In the Site specific cipher class field, enter the name of
the class of your cipher.You defined the cipher class in the Creating a custom cipher in Pega Platform procedure.
- Start using this custom cipher for encryption purposes by clicking Activate.
- In the System data encryption section, encrypt system
data by selecting the source of the master key:
Choices Actions Pega Platform Select Pega Platform, and then click Regenerate. Keystore
- Select Keystore,
- In the Select keystore field, press the down arrow key, select a keystore that is sourced from a data page, and then click Activate.
- In the Warning dialog box that informs you about the changed encryption cipher, confirm the custom cipher activation by clicking Apply.