Controlling access to flow actions
Authorized users approve salary changes by using the SalaryReview case type in the HRApp application. You need to ensure that only managers have access to the flow action for salary approval.
- Access groups are defined for human resources staff (HRApp:HRStaff) and managers (HRApp:Managers).
- A role is defined for salary approval processing (HRApp:SalaryApproval).
- The HRApp:SalaryApproval role is assigned to the HRApp:Managers access group.
- A flow action named SalaryChangeApproval is used to approve salary changes in the HRApp application.
- In Dev Studio, go to the Work & Process tab of the Access Manager landing page by clicking Configure > Org & Security > Access Manager > Work & Process.
- In the Access group field, enter HRApp:Managers. The tab lists permissions that the HRApp:Managers access group has for various roles, case types, and actions.
- For the SalaryReview case type and the SalaryChangeApproval flow action, ensure that a green check mark is shown for the HRApp:SalaryApproval role. A green check mark indicates that permission is granted. You can change the value by clicking the icon
- Repeat step 2 for HRApp:HRStaff and other access groups
that might have access to the SalaryReview case type but
cannot approve salary changes. Ensure that a red X is shown for the
SalaryChangeApproval flow action of the
SalaryReview case type and that the
HRApp:SalaryApproval role is not listed, showing that
no access is permitted. You can change the value by clicking the iconFor more information, see Editing authorizations for case type flows and flow actions in a single access group.
Previous topic Restrict who can use a flow action Next topic Controlling access to sections, buttons, and other UI controls