Identifying the custom controls to configure
Pega Platform protects access to information in your application by using role-based settings and access control policies. Pega Platform provides additional request verification when you use autogenerated controls. When your application supports access checking and includes non-autogenerated controls, you need to identify and fix the controls.
Perform one or more of the following steps to identify the rules to be configured:
- Scan the security alert log for the message "Unregistered request encountered," and then configure the rule that is identified in the message.
- Review the attached list of Pega Platform rules that have been configured in the Pega rulesets. If your application overrides any of these rules, configure the custom rules.
- Use the attached branch ruleset to find sections and navigation rules that invoke
the Run Script action. To use the branch ruleset, complete
the following steps.
- In Dev Studio, import the attached archive file. The archive
defines rules in the
- Add the
FindRunScriptbranch to your application definition, and save the application.
- Run the activity pzPopulateRulesWithActions, and check
the box to exclude Pega internal rulesets. This activity outputs a
RuleList_RunScript.xlsx, which contains a list of rules that you need to examine and configure.
- In Dev Studio, import the attached archive file. The archive defines rules in the
For information on how to configure the rules, see Verifying requests when using custom controls.
Previous topic Verifying requests when using custom controls Next topic Configuring a custom control by using the rule form