Validating user input and preventing invalid values
Ensure that only numbers can be entered for employee Social Security numbers.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App, and in the class field, enter Employee.
- In the navigation area for Employee, expand and click the SSN property.
- On the Advanced tab, enter the following values:
- To ensure that 9 characters must be entered for SSN values, enter 9 in the Max length and Expected length fields.
- To ensure that only numbers can be entered for SSN values, in the Use validate field, press the Down arrow key and click IsPositiveInteger. The IsPositiveInteger edit validate rule, which is part of Pega Platform, ensures that only positive integers can be entered. You can create additional edit validate rules for custom edit checks.
For more information, see Property form - Completing the Advanced tab.
Previous topic Controlling access to reports Next topic Controlling access to individual cases