The SendGrid Connector provides a pre-built integration from Pega Marketing to the Email APIs maintained by SendGrid. SendGrid is a full-service Email Service Provider (ESP), and the world’s largest cloud-based email delivery platform – they service 55,000 paying customers and send more than 30 billion emails monthly. They offer a wide variety of solutions from self-service to enterprise-level, including a wide variety of email automation and API capabilities. Pega Marketing customers can utilize SendGrid for email campaigns, event-triggered notifications, and standard transactional emails.
To integrate Pega Marketing with the SendGrid component:
- Download the SendGrid Connector from Pega Exchange.
- In the Designer Studio header, click the name of your current application, and click Definition to open the Application rule form.
- On the Definition tab, in the Enabled components section, click Manage components.
- Click Install new, select the file that you downloaded from Pega Exchange, and click Open.
- Select the Enabled check box to enable this component for your application, and click OK.
- In the list of enabled components, verify the SendGrid Connector and its version, and save your changes to the rule form.
- Now that the SendGrid Connector component is installed, a new Email account can be configured on the Outbound tab of the Email landing page. This landing page is accessible in the Pega Marketing portal via: Configuration > Settings > Channels > Email
- On the Email landing page, click Add new
- Select SendGrid from the list of Provider types.
- To configure the account, enter connection information provided by the email service provider.
For more information on configuring Email accounts, see the Pega Marketing User Guide on the Pega Discovery Network (PDN).
To configure detection of bounce-backs and tracking of deliveries:
The SendGrid Connector includes a service for tracking email events. The ProcessEmailWebhookInfo service provided with this component is a REST service that supports the POST HTTP method. This service captures bounce-back occurrences for individual customers by updating customer data and Interaction History. If configured, this service captures deliveries for individual customers in Interaction History as well.
The URL pattern for this service is:
Specify this URL to be notified by SendGrid’s Event Webhook. To configure the Event Webhook via SendGrid’s web interface, go to the mail settings page and edit the Event Notification setting. Select the events that you want posted to your web server and enter in the URL above.
See the Event Webhook section of the SendGrid API Documentation for more information