Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Setting up the Mashup SDK for iOS app development
You set up the Mashup SDK in the Xcode development environment to develop native iOS apps that embed one or more screens of a Pega® Platform application as hybrid web views. For example, an existing iOS app that is used for banking purposes might also need to allow its users to dispute credit card transactions by opening a case in a separate Pega Platform application.
You develop the native iOS app that uses the Mashup SDK with the following resources:
- Swift or Objective-C programming language
- Xcode 8.3.3
Make sure that you have completed the following tasks:
- Read the Mashup SDK overview article.
- Have experience developing iOS apps.
- Downloaded the Mashup SDK 7.31.x distribution package that contains the following items:
- Mashup SDK library and additional external libraries
- Mashup SDK native API documentation
- A demo application that uses the Mashup SDK
Adding the Mashup SDK to Xcode
To configure the Mashup SDK in an Xcode project, perform the following steps.
- Open an Xcode project for an iOS app.
- On the General tab, drag the framework that represents a Pega Mashup SDK from the local folder to the Embed Binaries section.
- Click Copy items if needed and Create groups, and then click Finish.
- On the General tab, make sure that PegaMashupSDK.framework appears in the Linked Frameworks and Libraries section and that the PegaMashupSDK.framework folder is in the project navigator.
- On the Build Settings tab, make sure that the Framework Search path points to where Xcode can find the frameworks.