An agent schedule data instance determines the node type an agent runs on.
The following tabs are available on this form:
After you create an agent rule, the Agent Manager generates an agent schedule data instance based on the node type. If you do not specify a node type, by default, Pega Platform associates the node with four Pega-provided node types: BackgroundProcessing, Search, Stream, WebUser. When setting up an agent rule, you should specify the node type if you know what the node type is.
- If your Pega Platform application includes legacy agents that were created before PRPC Version 5.4 that you did not expressly design and test for multi-node operation, do not enable such agents on more than one node.
- Agents that use the standard queue mode can run on all nodes.
- Users logged in on any of the nodes that share the same PegaRULES database can see the agent schedules generated for all nodes.
- For agent schedule data instances for the Pega-RULES, Pega-IntSvcs, Pega-AutoTest, and Pega-ProCom agents rules, running on multiple nodes is supported.
To access an agent schedule, open the agents rule and locate the agent schedule on the Nodes tab, which lists all agent schedules generated for that rule. You can also use the Records Explorer to list agent schedules by selecting SysAdmin > Agent Schedule.
The Data-Agent-Queue class holds agent schedule data instances. They are part of the SysAdmin category.
- Agent schedule data instances – Key parts
You cannot create new agent schedule instances. Agent schedule instances are generated from agents rules by the Agent Manager master agent.
- Completing the Schedule tab
The order in which you specify agents on this tab does not create a sequence. Each agent activity runs individually on its own interval schedule as a separate requestor thread.
- Completing the Security tab
Use the Security tab to specify the access group to be used for agents whose queue mode is Legacy, or agents whose queue mode is Advanced but they do not use the agent queue functionality.
- More about agent schedule data instances
- Initial Agent Schedule data instances
The Pega Platform includes the following standard agents rules. When the system is first started on a node, agent schedule data instances are generated automatically from the agents rules. You cannot update the standard agents rules, but you can override or adjust their configuration settings by updating the corresponding generated agent schedules.