If you have multiple Pega Platform systems, set a distinct system name for each system. For example, you may want to distinguish between development, test, UAT and production systems. Using distinct system names can also help identify the source when rules or data objects move from one system to another.
When you use Dev Studio to change the system name, Pega Platform makes the following changes:
- Creates all required requestor types: App, Batch, Browser, and Portal
- Creates a system name rule with the specified name
- Updates the dynamic system setting
- Updates the system name that appears on the landing page
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Enter a new name that meets the following requirements:
- Starts with a letter
- Contains only letters, digits, and the underscore character
- 32 characters or shorter
- Do not use the reserved system names
iwmexcept as advised by Global Customer support.
- Click Submit
- Restart each node in the system.
- For each node in the All Affected Nodes list, review the required action.
- If the Required Action column for a node is Update prconfig.xml and
Restart, update the
Identification/SystemNamefor that node to reference the new name before restarting the node.
- Restart the node.