Create an application settings rule for all deployments of your system, customized by
For example, you can define a time-out interval that is
consistent for all production deployments and another time-out interval that is consistent for
all test deployments.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create form, enter values in the fields to define the context of the application
- In the Label field, enter text that describes the purpose of
the setting. The label that you enter is used as the default name for the setting,
with spaces and special characters removed. This default name can be overridden as
- Optional: To change the default name for the application setting, click
Edit, and then provide a unique value in the
Identifier field. The name must start with a letter and use
only numbers and letters, without spaces.
- In the Owning ruleset field, enter the domain for the
application setting. Despite the field label, this value does not have to equal a
ruleset name; it functions as a namespace.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name and unlocked
version of a ruleset that stores the privilege.
- Click Create and open to open the application settings form.
- Optional: In the Category field, press the Down arrow key, and then select
a category from the list.For more information, see
- In the Value type field, select a value type from the list. The
value type you select defines how the application setting is rendered in the
Application settings landing page in App Studio. For
example, if you choose Boolean, the application setting displays as a Boolean value.
- Define application settings values by production level. For more information, see Defining production-level application setting values.
- Optional: On the Display tab, perform one of the following actions:
- Select the Hide the setting in landing page check box to
hide the application setting from the Application settings landing page in App Studio. If you leave this check box unselected, the application setting
renders in the landing page when you save the rule.
- By default, every application setting uses the
pzSettingDefaultViewInLP section to render the application
setting in the landing page in App Studio. In the View for
landing page field, press the Down arrow key to override the default
section and select a new section.
- Click Save.