Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Creating a configuration definition
Create a configuration definition rule to set an application-specific parameter value. This configuration definition applies only to one application. You can create a snapshot of all configuration definitions and values in a configuration bundle to store historical configuration information or for export to other instances of the application on other Pega nodes.
- Open your application and click the Configurations tab.
- Click Add new configuration.
- Enter a Label that will allow users to understand the purpose of this configuration definition.
- Optional: To organize configuration definitions in groups,enter or select a Category.
- In the Context section, select the application, ruleset, and version.
- Optional: Enter the Current Work Item.
- Click Create and open.
- Enter a Description to further explain the purpose of this configuration definition.
- Select either User Input or Dynamic System Settings.
- Complete the form to enter the default value.
- To have Pega Platform validate the value whenever you save the configuration definition, enter a Regular expression for validation.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Setting application-specific configuration settings with configuration definitions and configuration bundles Next topic Editing a configuration definition