Create a database data instance for a NoSQL Couchbase database so that Pega Platform can access that database.
- If the database platform of the additional database differs from the database platform of Pega Platform, or does not use postgresSQL, configure Pega Platform to access the database driver. For more information, see Defining the database driver.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Enter a short description, and in the Database field,
enter a name for the additional database. The database name is case-sensitive.
- Click Create and open. The Edit <YourNewDatabaseName> Database page appears.
- Optional: To indicate the system of record, in the Integration
system field, press the Down arrow key and select the name of
the integration system to associate with this database.The value that you select is for informational purposes only, and does not affect the behavior of the database instance. You can use this value to organize rules for integration connectors, data types, and sources for data pages.
- In the How to connect list, click Use Couchbase configuration listed below.
- In the Couchbase Hostnames section, click Add
Host, and then enter a host name or IP address for a node in the
Couchbase cluster.You can specify multiple hosts.
- In the Couchbase Cluster section, enter the Bucket Name and Bucket Password of the bucket that the Couchbase Server uses to save your data.
- In the Couchbase timeout (global) field, enter the connection timeout, in milliseconds.
- Optional: On the Advanced tab, specify the names of other database
instances that should be reachable by views in this database.
- Under the Database Name list, click the Add item icon.
- In the Database Name field, press the Down arrow key, and select the name of a database instance that views in the external database need to access.
- Click Save.
- To test the database connection, on the Database tab,
click Test connection.
- If the test fails, diagnostic information appears in a new window. Modify the database instance until the test succeeds.
- This test does not test the administrative user, if any, that you might have specified.