Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Creating a product rule that includes associated data by using the Create menu
To include associated data in your product rule, use the Create menu to individually specify the contents of a product rule for an application or for work. When you use the Create menu, you can specify one or more applications, one or more rulesets, or individual rule instances to include in the product rule.
- You can also create a product rule for an application by using the Application Packaging wizard. Use the wizard to package an entire application, and optionally, its built-on applications. The wizard also makes it easy to specify the data to include (organizations, operators, and so forth).
- You can also create a product rule for work by using the Package Work wizard.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Label field, enter a product name.As a best practice, begin the name with a letter and use only letters, numbers, the ampersand character, and hyphens.
- In the Product Version field, enter a version that includes
only letters, numbers, and a hyphen.This value does not need to match a ruleset version.
- Complete the form and click Create and open.
- Optional: Edit the product rule.
Previous topic Creating a product rule of test case data by using the Package Work wizard Next topic Editing a product rule